Thursday, September 3, 2009

Long time no post!

So I'm bad at posting regularly, I apologize. In the past month, I've since moved to NYC to attend graduate school. I'm already loving the fashion I see on the streets here. People aren't afraid to take risks. They wear whatever they feel like, even if it appears straight off the runway.
I also love that depending on where in Manhattan you are, the style is different. If you're on the south end, near Wall Street and Battery Park, office attire reigns, for obvious reason. At Union Square and East Village, it's all indie free spirit attire. Upper east side, brand names. I live on the UWS, and I've yet to see an actual style here ... maybe as the weeks go by, I'll see something more definitive.
Today, I went to go run errands and shop a bit. I scored these Ray-Ban G-15 aviators for $40. They go for $130 everywhere else.
Ray-Ban G-15 gold aviator sunglasses, $129 (photo courtesy ray-ban.com)

Also got a coat for the winter time (have been looking for a cute and warm one for awhile, so I was happy to finally find one!) from Miss Sixty, and a birthday present for a friend. And on the way home, I stopped by Crumbs for a vanilla cupcake with chocolate cream cheese filling, topped with cream cheese frosting and chocolate ganache. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment