Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Self realization

After waiting half an hour for my train, only to have it be too full of people to get on, I realized something. I am generally a happy-go-lucky, optimistic person. Most people would say I don't get angry very often. However, I GUARANTEE that at least 75 percent of the times that I am angry have to do with transportation. Back in Arizona, it was cars who drove too slow, or wouldn't make yellow lights, or wouldn't turn when they were able, or would leave 10-car gaps on the freeway during rush hour. Here in the city, it's the Subway, the most inefficient method of transportation known to man. It's not uncommon to wait 10 minutes for a train and then for the train to take another 10 minutes to go maybe three stops. Doesn't seem so bad, right? If you were to actually measure it all out, that three stops is probably equal to maybe one-and-a-half miles. THAT'S 20 MINUTES TO GO ONE AND A HALF MILES.

No comments:

Post a Comment